In view of the advancing process of climate change, it has become essential that, as a society, we understand and take into account the mutual effects of environmental changes and business activities on one another.
One of the biggest levers S IMMO as a real estate company has for making a significant contribution to a sustainable economy and society lies in designing the construction, operation and modernisation of the properties in a way that conserves as many resources, produces as few emissions and is as user-friendly as possible.
S IMMO has identified the above topics as focus areas and is working intensively to reach its environmental goals.
"The ESG transformation comes at a cost, but the cost of being half-hearted when it comes to the implementation is much higher. Investments in this context contribute to the sustainable value creation of our company and are thus simultaneously investments in the future viability of S IMMO."Herwig Teufelsdorfer, MRICS | Member of the Management Board
- 32.4% reduction in GHG intensity of property portfolio, incl. bioenergy, by year 2030 versus 2019 baseline (validated by Science Based Target initiative in July 2022 in alignment with the Paris Agreement’s well below 2°C scenario)
- Purchase of electricity exclusively from 100% renewable sources by year end 2024
- 10% reduction in energy intensity of property portfolio by year 2030 versus 2019 baseline
- 10% reduction in water intensity of property portfolio by year 2030 versus 2019 baseline
- Elimination of waste sent to landfill wherever possible, waste recycling rate of 55% by year end 2025 and 60% by year end 2030
- Increase in EU Taxonomy alignment of economic activities at consolidated Group level over time